Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Visit to Deaf Club

As a member of the District Policing Partnership I attended a meeting of the Deaf Club in Bangor. I am no stranger to this group and have always looked forward to visiting the club. Indeed during my year as Mayor I was given a sign name - Maid Marion - and they all remember this and have great fun teasing me.
Also in attendance was a member of the Police Service and another DPP lay member.
Our signer for the evening was Rosie, who is exceptional she certainly makes the evening for everyone and does not miss out on any points being raised.
We had many questions, on safety when out, safety in the home, driving, and of course being a councillor as well as a member of the DPP my questions were on dog fouling, dog bins, street cleaning and graffiti. All of these issues I have passed on to the relevant Council Departments.
Our evening was as always great fun, it is one of the happiest and busiest meetings I would attend and as always the supper at the end was enjoyed by all.