Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Third Field of Hope

This past year I have along with Marie Curie organised a third Field of Hope with the help of primary school children.
Previously Rathmore Primary School and Grange Park Park Primary School, with the help of the men from North Down Borough Council preparing the areas, the school's planted some 6000 bulbs per Field of Hope.
This year the P7 pupils from Crawfordsburn Primary School along with residents very enthusiastically planted another 6000 bulbs. The Mayor Alderman Leslie Cree was also present and much to the delight of the children helped with the planting.
The school provided tea, coffee, juice and biscuits after the event when children and residents had a great time chatting.
While this was a fun event, and the children are watching the area very keenly to see when their bulbs will appear as daffodils, I have to thank everyone involved, personally the Field of Hope means a great deal to myself and family and I know that when I see the daffodils in the spring they always give me a real sense of hope and I must add a pride in the young children who planted the bulbs.