Wednesday, January 24, 2007

N I Rural Women's Network

I welcome the launch of a new Northern Ireland Rural Women's Network by David Cairns.

This is indeed another step forward in the recognition of the vast amount of import and necessary work carried on by those women who live and work within our rural community. It is only but right that the rural and urban network of woman come together and pool their resources. The new grouping has within it's title - Network and that is exactly what it will be, a network. I know from experience that through such a system a partnership will develop and from that there can only be gain. There is also the important process of confidence building and the sharing of talent. I welcome Minister Cairns announcement and the funding granted to make possible and develop the N.I. Rural Women's Network.