Sunday, November 26, 2006

Second Field of Hope Planted

Second Field of Hope Planted

After being contacted by local residents about the idea of a Field of Hope being planted near them. I contacted the Marie Curie Cancer Care to ask if along with North Down Borough Council this could be made a reality.

Last year I successfully had a Field of Hope planted in another local area.

Marie Curie was delighted to be asked, and along with pupils from a local school and a care school, we had a great day planting some 10,000 daffodil bulbs.

This was a joint effort by everyone concerned, after the planting a nearby neighbour supplied the children with juice and biscuits, along with a very welcome afternoon tea for the adults.

I am delighted that this is the second Field of Hope I have planted in my particular area of Bangor West. Everyone is looking forward to next spring and watching ‘our’ daffodils growing.