Monday, July 20, 2009

Pensioners living in cold and damp homes

Pensioners living in bungalows in the Bloomfield estate in Bangor are being forced to live in Housing Executive homes which are no more than a disgrace.
I was approached by the Community Association to write to Minister Ritchie to highlight yet again the plight of the pensioners. There is a real need for urgency to make these home habitable - winter is not far away and the residents fear that they face living in cold and damp homes for another year.
I have written to the Minister making it very clear that the living conditions are unacceptable and funding must be found.
I have given my assurance that I will help the residents in their fight for an acceptable standard of living. In this day and age, for our pensioners, is that so very much to ask for?