Monday, November 28, 2005

Field of Hope Became a Reality

Field of Hope Made Possible

I was delighted that my proposal to make the local beauty spot of Connor Park in Bangor West a Field of Hope became a reality on 11th November.

Through the help of the Marie Curie organisation and North Down Borough Council 6000 bulbs were donated. I invited the local children from Grange Park P7 class along with the nearby residents to join in the fun of planting.

Although it was a bitterly cold day two classes turned up and everyone spent a happy afternoon planting their daffodil bulbs.

For me it was a heart tugging moment but I know that once spring comes along there will be a wonderful display as well the children now regard this spot as theirs and I know they will keep a very close eye on it.

The Field of Hope is exactly what it says and when people pass they will remember and know that this patch of daffodils was planted with love and happiness and from that must come hope.