Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Smith says 'Thank You'

I was very pleased to be elected on the first count at the recent May local elections for North Down Borough Council.

This is the 4th time I have successfully gone to the electorate in Bangor West and I was in this particular count the first Ulster Unionist candidate to gain over 1000 votes.

My election slogan was 'The candidate with a proven record of working for the whole community'.

I will continue to work as a full time councillor and to strengthen links between the Council and the community. I thank everyone for their support and help, it has been quite a challenge. However, there is still a lot of hard work to be done and much to be achieved. I look forward to the new Council and once again thank all who gave me such tremendous support and help.